

Today we're going to talk about my favorite TV show! NBC recently announced their 08-09 lineup and thank God, Mary and baby Jesus Friday Night Lights is returning for season 3!
If you're not watching FNL you are missing out. So, what you need to do is to get thee to the local Blockbuster and rent season 1. Or watch it online. Then, you can either watch season 2 on NBC.com or wait for it to be released on DVD this summer. I promise you will be hooked and definitely not disappointed. This show needs your love.
First, let me tell you what FNL is not. It is not generation Y's 90210. In no way is this show meant for teenyboppers, despite the fact that the storyline revolves around a high school football team. I promise that even if you don't enjoy (or even like) football you will still love this show.
What FNL is, is quite possibly the best show currently on TV. Even the critics love it! Unfortunately, no one is watching . Please explain to me why people are watching crap like "Dancing with the Stars" but not FNL??? I swear good taste is dead. Low ratings threaten to end the show every season. Fortunately for me (and now you!) FNL does seem to have a solid (and rabid) fan base who managed to salvage it for another season.
Why do I love this show so much? The list goes on and on and on...... I love Coach Eric Taylor and his relationship with his wife Tami. I love Riggins and Landry and definitely Saracen. If you watched the show you'd know what I was talking about. Each character is so lovable, and played by incredible actors with incredible writing. I love that every week you fall in love a little more with each character as you learn a bit more about them. Is Riggins the typical jock from the wrong side of the tracks? Nope. Is Tyra the town slut? No to that as well. And this show has the best looking cast of leading men, like, ever. Kyle Chandler is the hotness, as is Taylor Kitsch.
I cannot explain this show well enough to do it justice. And don't laugh at me please. My love for this show reminds me of Stacy's love for the New Kids on the Block. I will shove it down your throats until you are watching!
2 comments:
Reading this post is like reading something I would have written if I had a blog and decided to write about my favorite show, FNL.
We should start a group on myspace. - Amy
Even though you told me not to, I am still laughing at you.
-your little sister.
Post a Comment