Monday, August 18, 2008

On my mind

Sine it rained all weekend in Colorado we didn't leave the house so I have nothing fun to blog about. Instead, I will let you all into the furthest recesses of my shallow little head. Here's what's been on my mind lately:

1) The Hills Season 4 starts tonight! YAY!! Why do I care about what happens to LC, Audrina and Speidi? I think I am well past the targeted demographic for this show but I. Can't.  Stop. Watching.  Even though we all know it's fake right? Right? Say it ain't so.

2) Does anybody still believe that Tom Cruise is really a heterosexual man?  Can you really see him and Katie rockin' the headboards? Personally, I'm not buying the fraud.

3) I really hate running. I mean REALLY. I know it's the best way to stay in shape and I can credit my runs to FINALLY losing the baby weight but God. I. Hate. Running. Especially with a stroller.

4) I really, really don't want my husband to go into law enforcement. I know it's his dream, and I know how unhappy he currently is but when he quits his current job I have to go back to working FT and I really don't want to. It's all about me me me.

5) I love Facebook. I love reconnecting with old friends and searching for boys I used to like in junior high (maybe H.S. and college too). You do it too. Don't lie.

6) Is Lindsay Lohan really a lesbian or is she just faking it for attention? This keeps me awake at night. I kid. I kid.

7) I want a glass of wine right now. It's Noon. That's appropriate isn't it?

8) I would rather pay full price for kids clothing than spend all morning waiting in line in the rain and then getting shoved around by overzealous moms trying to get too the Gymboree clothes and Red Flyer wagons before I do at the annual consignment sale in town. We're broke, but not that broke. 

9) I think I'm ready for another baby but I hate being pregnant so much. And I don't want to have to spend another 18 months losing the weight. Can I hire a surrogate?

10) I have the cutest kid in the world. I really do. He provides endless hours of entertainment. This weekend we taught him to say "TOOT" anytime someone farted (usually Daddy). We are the "Parent's of The Year".

11) I love the rain. It provides the perfect excuse to spend all weekend cooped up in the house with chili, popcorn and movies. I would be perfectly content living in a city where it rains all the time. 

There's other "big things" on my mind lately too. I've been presented with an opportunity that I know, in my heart of hearts, I shouldn't pass up. I'm not ready to divulge details just yet. I have a lot of thinking to do, but I am fairly certain that this is God's answer to a lot of my prayers lately. I'm just not ready to commit yet. I have an intense fear of failure. and things need to be worked  out in my head before I move forward or share this opportunity with anyone. Why does life have to be so hard sometimes?

1 comment:

jenmaree said...

Don't feel bad, Lily says "toot" too! I'm on facebook too! We'll have to be "friends" on it :) I can't wait to see what you are brewing up!!