Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day







Today is such an exciting day! I am so happy that all of this nonsense will soon be behind us. I think it is so amazing that we are witnessing history today. Whomever wins, we are writing a new chapter for our history books today and that gives me goosebumps. I know. I am a dork. While I don't agree with Sarah Palin's politics, I can't argue that it isn't momentous that she may be the first woman VP. Though it doesn't quite give me the warm fuzzies that I get from Obama's chance at the Presidency.  In any case, I will probably be glued to the news channels today. Hopefully I will be celebrating a democratic win tonight and then I can go back to worrying about really important things like whether the next Bachelorette couple will actually stay together.

We had a great Halloween weekend here. We took Declan trick-or-treating downtown Castle Rock on Friday afternoon and then Thomas took him around the neighborhood that evening. I stayed in to drink wine with Jessie and hand out candy.  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! Is there anything cuter than kids in costumes? I think not.

Tomorrow my mom comes for a visit. Thomas and I have a hot date planned this weekend while we have a babysitter. We're headed to the Ski & Snowboard Convention (wasn't my idea!) and then out for dinner. 

Hope everyone votes today!

1 comment:

jenmaree said...

Have fun on your date! Ah, time with the hubby without kiddos - such a treat!