Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year

Dear Blog,

I have missed you. I have been very neglectful and failed you. I am sorry. Onward and Upward. A new year and a new chance to be the blogger I know I can be. After all, I will have lot's of new adventures to blog about this year. In review, here is what I have been up to:

I have been in Minnesota since Thanksgiving. Thomas was given the opportunity to work on a project in Louisiana for a few weeks in December. We decided to ship me back to my parent's house so I could spend some time with family and friends around the holidays. The plan was to head back to Colorado the day after Christmas. However, it is now January 5th and I am still here with no leave date in sight. Probably another 6 weeks as Tom is back in LA on an extended stay. Blah. It's a long story that will bore you to tears. All I can say is is that MN sucks this time of year. I have a combination of cabin fever and S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder). This is what happens when you don't see the sun for 8 weeks straight. I have also taken on that pasty grey pallor Minnesotan's are famous for. I am reconsidering my ban on tanning beds.

Tom, Declan and I spent a week in IL for Christmas. It was.................. interesting. And that is all I will say about that on record. MmmKay?

New Years Eve was officially the least exciting NYE on record. I had dinner with my parents, picked up Tom at the airport, headed to Walgreen's for cold medicine and caught the last hour of Dick Clark. We were in bed by 12:01. At least I got a kiss right? It was actually very nice not heading to a party and boozing. I woke up refreshed and NOT hung over on New Years Day. That has not happened since 1992. Except for the year Declan was born.

Which brings me to my next announcement, which actually isn't an announcement since it's mostly common knowledge. If I haven't told you, please forgive? There is going to be a new Folger in August as I am about 9 weeks pregnant. It's taken me exactly that much time to actually accept this bit of news, embrace it and really be excited about it. Not that I don't want more children, but more like I don't know if I SHOULD have more children. While this certainly could not be classified as an unplanned pregnancy, it happened much faster than we had anticipated, but so did my first pregnancy so I really shouldn't be surprised. Right? With my first pregnancy I was blissfully unaware of what was in store for me. This time, I know exactly what is in store for me and I am scared to death. Mostly because now I will have 2, and for those of you familiar with Declan you should get why I am scared. Let's just say that I am praying to God, Mary, Buddha and baby Jesus that I do not get Declan 2.0. With that being said, I am also incredibly thankful that we have been so blessed and I am praying for a healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy. However, expect lots of complaining over the next 7 months as I hate every aspect of pregnancy. So far it's been smooth sailing with minimal nausea. But that will probably change.

Which is a big reason I decided to stay in MN. Alone & pregnant in CO with a 2 year old for 6 weeks? No thank you. Though I'm not sure my circumstances have changed much here. This house is crowded. There are currently 3 dogs (over 60 lbs), 4 cats, myself and Declan. Plus my sister is living here and my 27 year old brother just moved back in. So, you could say it's a full house. The next several weeks will be a challenge.

Declan turned 2 on Saturday. We celebrated with some friends and their kiddos and much fun was had. I can't believe Declan is 2. He is so much fun, but so challenging at the same time. It's a blast to watch him with with other kids and see how they are all alike and so different at the same time.

I just decided what the best part is about being pregnant. I don't have to make any ridiculous new year's resolutions about losing weight. However, I do plan on NOT gaing 50 lbs with this pregnancy. Hold me to it and no one suggest Taco Bell!

1 comment:

Missy said...

I've been eagerly waiting for your next blog since you guys are out of town...wanted to know how the holidays treated you and how you were feeling?!?! I am so excited for you guys. Glad this time around it is going more smoothly...that is always a blessing! Let me know when you will be arrive back on Stockwell and I'll bring you all your baby "stuff" you lent us :)