Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day!


Well, not really. The sun isn't shining and there's no color to be seen here other than white, gray and brown, but nonetheless, it is beautiful today! I am filled with a new sense of optimism. We have a new Commander-in-Chief and watching his inaugaration was so amazing. Watching history unfold was something I will never forget, and I am glad to have been a part of it. Did anyone else cry when the Obama's had their first dance?
But that isn't the only reason I am feeling good today. Today marks the official 2 week countdown until I get to head back to sunny Colorado. I am so anxious to get back and surround myself with my own things. My own bed, my own shower, my own couch, my own refrigerator.....you get the point. Sometimes it's the small things in life that bring us joy.

I've been feeling really good lately. The nausea has passed and while I almost always feel sapped of energy, I have been combatting that with regular workouts which seem to be helping. Still not sure how I feel about my ever expanding waistline though. I'm really struggling with the fact that I will probably gain an exorbitant amount of weight again that will hang around for 2 years after the birth. I don't do dieting very well. I really just need to enjoy the journey of pregnancy and rejoice in the child I am growing in my womb. Whatever, that sounds too granola for me. I hate pregnancy!
A few of us were chatting about the cost of Obama's inuagaration Sunday evening. I guess this article will dispel the idea that Obama spent 4 times more than Bush did on his inaugaration. Seems legit. See for yourself.

No comments: