Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sing Me Home

It is quite possible that I've just made a huge mistake. I just sent my husband to Target, with the Visa card, to purchase a Wii. Have I lost my mind? It must be the pregnancy. He is under specific direction to purchase no more than 2 games to get us started. Pray to God that he follows directions. I don't want to have to go back to work. 

Do you have a Wii yet? Most. Fun. Ever. Totally worth every dime. Especially when you have kids and spend all your weekends at home because babysitters cost an arm and a leg. Last night our friends Matt & Tanya invited us over for Wii time and we boxed, bowled, played tennis, ping pong and duck hunt. 

Since the house is currently empty, save for 2 smelly dogs at my feet and the cat, now is the perfect time to catch up on my neglected blog. Here's the short version of what I've been up to over the past couple of weeks.

- Drove from MN to Colorado with mom, 2 dogs, cat and toddler. Longest. Drive. Ever.
- Cleaning house that was uninhabited for 2 months. 5 letters. D.U.S.T.Y.
- Assisted in brothers move into new apartment in Vail. Free place to stay. W00T!
- Had 13 week ultrasound. Healthy baby. Due August 15th. 
- Shopping. Lot's of it. Been doing my part to stimulate this economy. New TV. New mattress. New maternity clothes. New furniture. We are broke again ;)

Thomas came home, unexpectedly, last Tuesday. He tried to keep it a secret from me but failed miserably. It was a nice surprise nonetheless. It feels good to be a family again. I don't think we'll be doing any of those long term separations for awhile. Of course, Tom is currently trying to talk me into another year long move back to Cali. If it weren't for the obscene amount of money he was offered I would decline immediately. It's going to require further thought. 

Declan is growing like a weed. Everyday is something new. I think I can honestly  say that 2 is my favorite age. I have said that about all his "ages" but it's been a lot of fun lately. Well, mostly fun. He's starting to put together sentences and interacting more with words. He's even starting to sing his ABCs. I guess I haven't totally failed as a mom. However, he can also sing the Sprout On Demand song that precedes Sesame Street. 2 is also a challenge like no other. I am finding that I have to stick to my guns more and more and be more of a disciplinarian than I used to be. They really learn to manipulate at this age.  I can't afford to be quite as laid back as I would like to be.  

So that's the last couple of weeks in a nutshell. It feels so good to be back in Colorado. The sun shines every day. It's been in the 40s & 50s and tomorrow is supposed to be 60. I am ready for Spring!

3 comments:

jenmaree said...

So happy you are home and all is well! Have fun with that Wii!! Let's get together soon!!

Anonymous said...

On demand...or on tv....

-auntie weesha.

Missy said...

We are glad you guys are back in town :) We will have to get together soon and play the Wii. We have one...embarased to say this...but we don't use it that often. Maybe when Kyler gets older we will :) Anyway, I need to bring all your toys over and chat...sometime this week?? Enjoy this weather...we should do a walk?!?!