I have to confess to the reason I have been M.I.A. lately. I got myself sucked into the
Twilight series. I decided that I needed some light reading these days and went on a recommendation. Bad idea. I finished all 4 books in under 2 weeks. It pretty much ate up every spare moment.....and then some. When I bought it I was warned that I would get so sucked in that I would ignore every responsibility in my life including my child, my husband, my chores, etc, etc. They weren't lying. It's one of those books where you just have to know what happens next. It's embarrassing really. To find yourself panicking at Target because you can't find book #2 and fearing that it has been sold out only to stalk the book aisles in hopes that it has been put back in the wrong place. And then grabbing some misc. items that you don't really need in your cart just so the cashier doesn't think you showed up at Target 5 min after the store opened just to pick up
New Moon like some pre-teen Twi-hard (those are the super fans for you not in the know!). And then I find myself buying the DVD because that Robert Pattinson makes for one sexy Edward Cullen. GAH! I found myself in mourning after I finished all 4 books. I dare you to read it. I loved the entire series with the exception of book 4 which was a giant FAIL but still worth the read.
So, other than my crush on teenage vampires, not much exciting going on here. Just your usual mundane and boring adult things. Refinancing, landscaping, car repairs, furniture shopping, sick child, mauled cat and spring cleaning. We got some snow. That is if 22" followed by 4" more sounds like a good definition for "some". Fortunately it all melted quickly. My mom came out to visit for a week while Tom headed to Des Moines for work. Grandma stocked the new baby with a half years supply of clothing and got all of Declan's old clothing ready for a garage sale.
Pregnancy is going well. I keep meaning to take a picture but haven't yet done so. I think I look much further along then I am....maybe 7 months or so? I am 24 weeks now. Yesterday a woman at the gym told me I looked cute. That made my day and I wanted to hug her. I can think of a lot of words to describe my figure these days and cute is definitely not one of them! I am starting to have some lower back pain and major indigestion. Fortunately it's been keeping me from eating crappy food so that might end up being a good thing in the end. Mexican is definitely out for now!
1 comment:
Well, I was given all 4 Twilight books to read from my friend. I'll let you know when I come back. ha ha! I hear that from EVERYONE who has read it. I wonder if I should start. hrmmm ha ha!
Belly pictures please!! I think you ARE a cute pregger lady :)
Post a Comment