Pregnancy is going well. I am feeling really good and can't believe I am already 30 weeks along. This feels so much better than my first pregnancy. Now that I am seeing a chiropractor regularly I have had zero back issues. I remember being pregnant with Declan and not being able to be on my feet for more than 20 minutes before I would have to spend the rest of the day on the couch. Of course, that's not to say I'm 100% mobile now. I am definitely feeling what can only be described as "cumbersome". It just feels like a lot of work to get from A to B sometimes. My belly is sitting much lower than it did with Declan and it sticks out much further as well. I am also hungry ALL.THE.TIME. I cannot get enough food in. In fact I just ate an entire box of Pasta Roni for lunch. Isn't that supposed to be like 2.5 servings? I could still eat more if there was any left truth be told! Thank God I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
The Folger's have been busy getting the house ready for the new baby. We are the proud owners of 17 tons of new river rock in our backyard. No more sweeping mulch off my kitchen floor 3 times a day! We also got Declan's new bedroom painted blue. I had originally picked out a more neutral color...Eddie Bauer Bungalow Gold. Which I had to fight tooth & nail for because my husband thinks our house is "too brown" as it is. He wanted color. I insisted this would be better. Turns out it bore a strong resemblance to something one might find in Declan's diaper instead of what I was going for. So I had to sheepishly admit that I had picked out an ugly color and Tom got his blue. It actually looks really good. So now all we have to do is move in the new furniture and start training Declan how to sleep in a "big boy" bed. I am not looking forward to that.
Next up is the nursery! We need to paint it pink, move out all of Declan's stuff and get the new bedding in. I also need to sell off the old nursery bedding. So much to do.....
2 comments:
Don't worry, life with two kids will feel like Groundhog Day eventually! Mine already does. :) I'm excited to see D's new room and the nursery! Post pics!! 10 more weeks to go! Yippee!
The behavior therapist I worked with in the spec ed classroom used sleep tickets for her daughter. Everytime she got out of bed she had to give up one of her tickets...if she still had a certain amount left in the morning she got something special. I think she was about 3 years old? I don't know if Declan would be too young for that though...
-Leesha
Post a Comment