Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Billy Jean is Not My Lover

34 weeks and 4 days. 5 weeks to go. 5 long weeks! It is getting increasingly difficult to get comfortable. Especially in clothing. I have to be on full time belly alert to make sure the bottom half isn't sticking out of my shirts. Getting up and down stairs is a challenge not unlike hiking Mt. Kilamanjaro. It's especially fun when Declan insists I carry him. The baby is having regular soccer matches with my insides, particularly my spine and pelvic cavity. I am still fitting in about 2 workouts a week. They leave me exhausted, and I cannot get my body into position to stretch afterward but I know that I will be glad I did it once this pregnancy is over. I am so proud of myself for staying in shape these past 9 months. I made a promise to myself that I would not slack off and I kept it. I can't even describe how empowering it feels to me to be 8 months pregnant and still be able to pound out 30 min on the elliptical and then do 30 min of strength training. Getting back into shape post-pregnancy is a bitch and I hope my efforts will pay off!

We had a nice 4th of July break here. Thomas had 5 days off work and my sister was in town for a visit. We spent a night in Vail at my brother's house while Thomas camped, hiked and fished. Although we did join him for a campfire and burgers. No sleeping in a tent for me right now! Other than that our weekend was mostly uneventful! We had rainy weather on the 4th but still managed a couple BBQs and fireworks. Tom and I had a date on Sunday with lunch and a movie.

And I have to go ahead and admit that maybe I am just a little sad about the death of Michael Jackson. Or maybe it's the pregnancy hormones? I haven't been a big fan of his for several years but back in the day I was a crazed and hormonal pre-teen with his posters all over my bedroom wall. I mean, who didn't get the chills just a little when MJ would moonwalk out on stage to the bassline from Billy Jean? I still get them! His music has been on my gym playlist now for years. I suppose he's a little like my generation's Elvis. All I know is, when I saw his daughter speak at his memorial service I could barely contain the tears. Again with the pregnancy hormones. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it!

2 comments:

Leesha said...

seriously? Michael Jackson gets an entire paragraph and I get one tiny blurb where I am solely referred to as "my sister"?

jenmaree said...

34 weeks? My gosh! You'll have your little one here before we know it! Way to go with staying fit during your pregnancy! I know it will pay off. I wasn't so great at staying fit. :( But, I'm working out now more and hopefully it will pay off. Now I just have to stop eating so much! ha ha. I think it's okay to be sad about MJ. I feel a bit bad because I'm not really sad. I did like him as a kid, but stopped listening to his music after Thriller and never really kept up with him. His music was really revolutionary at the time!