
It's been awhile since I've updated my blog. Not that I get much time anymore to sit and write. To say that a new baby doubles the workload is an understatement! However, everyday gets a little easier. We have settled into a "routine" and Eva is allowing me enough sleep at night now to feel like an (almost) fully functioning human.
Eva turns 9 weeks old tomorrow. I can't believe how fast it goes. Some days I want to stop the clock and other days I can't wait till she's a little bit older. I am finally getting the hang of being a mother of two. Though that didn't really come until the past couple of weeks. Eva doesn't get nearly as much "one on one" attention as Declan did as an infant but I suppose that goes with the territory.
I am enjoying getting to know Eva and watching her grow and change every day. She is such a smiley little girl and she's got both Tom and I wrapped around her little finger. She's a challenge in that she can't NOT be held. Declan would sleep for hours in his swing but she wants no part of that. It has to be mommy's arms or her sling which is sweet but sometimes I really just need her to give me a break. She also refuses to sleep anywhere but in our bed. We've tried so many times to get her to sleep in her bassinet but she has no interest in that either. We are just hoping that it doesn't last too much longer.
We spent 10 days in MN a few weeks ago spending time, once again, at the Lady Slipper Lodge in Remer. We had excellent weather and spent the week relaxing, hiking, fishing and drinking. Happy hour always starts at noon when you're on vacation. Right? Declan caught his first fish which he was pretty excited about.
We also spent a few days back in Bloomington. I had a fabulous time seeing all my friends and meeting Stacy and Betsy's new babies Hailey and Abby. One of these days I might just get out those "Thank You" notes I have been meaning to write. If you got us a gift and haven't received a proper thank you from me all I can ask is.... please forgive? I am most appreciative but I just can't seem to make the time to get those done!
Being home and seeing all my friends makes me homesick for MN. WHich brings me to my next thought.
Lot's of great things have been starting to happen for Thomas and his career goals. As everyone probably already knows Tom applied for a Bomb Assessment Officer position with TSA to work at the Minneapolis airport and received a call to come in for an interview. This is huge for us in terms of the opportunity it presents. If he is offered the position it means we can move back to MN and I will be able to continue staying home with my kids. Not to mention a pay raise and federal bennies. On the other hand, it means leaving Colorado which fills me with so much sadness. I love living here! It also means trying to figure out what to do with a house we won't be able to sell for at least a few years which fills me with all kinds of anxiety. I am trying to not to spend any time worrying as Tom hasn't even been offered a position just yet, but I am a worrier so I can't help it. What will be will be.
1 comment:
Hey Lady! I feel so badly we haven't seen Eva yet! Let me know when you are available again. Glad you are getting the hang of being a Mommy of two. I know just how challenging that can be. Let me know about MN. I sometimes dream of going back to my family in Indiana and get sad about leaving Colorado. However, I sometimes wonder if it's better to be near family. Hope to see you soon! Hugs!
Post a Comment