Oh, and did I mention that we are out $750 for the inspection and the appraisal? So much for that new couch.
OK. Now that I've got that off my chest I feel much better.
Last night we went house hunting again which does nothing but depress me. I know that I am supposed to be feel lucky that we can even buy a home given that no one is getting mortgages these days but I don't. Combine my husbands pay cut with the fact that we still own a home in Colorado and it seriously reduces our buying power. Houses in our price range either need massive updating, are in shitty neighborhoods or are too small or they are all 3. So, our challenge is finding something in a good area that doesn't require a long commute, it must have good schools because private school is out of the question and it would be nice if the kitchen didn't have avocado green appliances. My dad was correct in his opinion that I have champagne tastes and a beer budget.
And the biggest challenge yet is finding a house that both Tom and I like. I'm just going to go ahead and say it. He has the worst taste ever. EVER. And we disagree on pretty much everything.
We looked at several houses in Bloomington and Savage and found one that showed lots of promise. OK, I lied. I loveitsomuchandifwedon'tgetitiwillcry. However, it's a short sale and those are a huge pain in the ass. We have no idea what kind of offer the bank is looking for and whether we can afford it but dammit we are going to try. It's located in Savage and fits all of my criteria and even Tom's. That's a miracle in and of itself. Our realtor is going to do some research today and try to find out what the banks bottom line is. Hopefully it will match ours and we can submit an acceptable offer. Will keep you posted.
One of the houses we looked at had big bloodstains on the carpeting in all 3 bedrooms. Very creepy stuff. Needless to say, we didn't stick around.
In other exciting news......
The 4th of July holiday was fabulous. We headed to the lake on Thursday and spent 4 days relaxing, fishing, boating, reading, eating, eating, eating and drinking. The weather was almost perfect. Except for Saturday which was about 95 degrees with 110% humidity. It made for a pretty crabby Andrea. Especially since there were 6 adults, 2 kids and 3 dogs all staying in a 2 bedroom 500 sqft cabin. Oy. But I'd still rather be at the lake than anywhere else!
Declan got to take his first "tubing" ride behind the boat and even asked us to go "faster!". Maybe next year he'll be ready for skis!
The only bad part about the weekend was the fact that I was woken up at about 2 am Monday morning with shooting pains down the back of my leg. Not since my labor with Declan have I felt such pain before. I laid there in tears and misery until I heard Tom getting ready to head out to go fishing about 7 am. And because my husband is the bestest ever he drove me to the hospital instead. A few hours later I was armed with a prescription for Vicodin which has kept me high as a kite for the past 72 hrs. Turns out I have a pinched sciatic nerve which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It is awful. Just awful. Hopefully it clears up soon because I am miserable.
ETA: I have failed as a mother. I forgot to add that my baby girl is growing up and is officially a walker now. And ohmy that little girl is FAST!
1 comment:
We are crossing our fingers for the house hunting! And I hope your back feels better soon!! I've had that happen to me (acutally a number of times) and it is NOOOOO fun! You can't do anything! Just stay off of your feet (ha ha with two kids right!?!?) and it should go away soon. Glad you are having a good time in Minnesota :) Our neighborhood is quite without you guys :(
Post a Comment