Life has just been chugging along lately. Nothing too exciting has been happening here lately. Unless you count a case of pink eye and severe constipation exciting. Poor little Eva has just gotten over a nasty case of both.
Friday night I kicked the husband and the kids out of the house for an evening and had the ladies over for a Passion Party. We drank a lot of wine and talked sex all evening long. It was the most fun I've had in a really long time! I think everyone was a little nervous at first, not really knowing what to expect but after the 2nd glass of wine most inhibitions went out the door. I highly recommend hosting a party. It really was a blast! There is nothing like spending the evening with your best girls over a bottle (or two, or three or...) of wine and some sex toys ;)
Today was spent looking at new carpeting. We've (I really mean "I" but Tom has no say in this since he's not the one who has to keep it clean looking) decided to put all new flooring in the house. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to use all white flooring in a house that was meant to be occupied by families but they should be strung up by their toes and beat with a wooden spoon. Since the original builder put standard grade flooring in, to say it looks like shit 12 years later is an understatement and keeping it looking clean has been backbreaking. I know I've mentioned that before but it really deserves another paragraph.
So, anyhow...this spring we WILL get new carpeting, new kitchen flooring and a deck. I don't want to spend my summer worrying that my kids will fall out of the 2nd story door.
Who owns a house for 12 years and never installs a deck? This deserves a blog of it's own.
On another remodeling note, I finally "finished" the main floor bath. It won't officially be finished until we can afford a new toilet and pedestal sink but that's at least 15 years away so we will revisit at that time. For now you will have to use your imagination as my camera is charging. It looks awesome though if I do say so myself. It only took 4 coats of paint, a layer of primer and a return trip to Lowes and a visit by a plumber because my husband nearly flooded the basement installing a new faucet. But you didn't hear that from me.
We also got the wallpaper off the kitchen walls and a fresh coat of paint applied as well as new cabinetry hardware. I like to refer to it as my "lipstick on a pig" kitchen because a) the ugly floors and b) the cabinets that are in desperate need of a jackhammer.
So, that's what's been going on here. Eva is FINALLY starting to say some words. She says mommy, daddy, doggie, cookie, duck, up, hot and ouch. She can also point to her belly, ears, nose and eyes. And her butt. I really wish she would stop growing up :(
Declan is growing into a little boy. And by boy, I mean ALL BOY. He loves his cars, trucks, tools and penis. Those of you who have boys know what I mean. I am ill-equipped to handle this stage of boyhood. He is about to finish his first year of preschool. I just cannot believe how much he has changed in the past year. I know my days of having him all to myself are numbered so I have been trying my hardest to enjoy every second. He's been very cuddly lately and I dread the day he no longer lets me just lay under a blanket on the couch with him.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you have a blog and I can keep up with you and your family. Good luck with all your household chores - we are in the same boat! Always something to do!
Post a Comment