So I've embarked on a fitness and nutrition challenge for the month of October and I am currently 8 days into it. A college friend of mine is a
Beachbody coach and asked for 5 volunteers to join her on this journey. She agrees to coach and mentor us and we agree to follow her rules.
- No processed foods. This was easy. I rarely eat them anyway.
- We must drink one Shakeology drink a day as either a meal or a snack.
- 5-6 workouts a week. Preferably P90X or Insanity.
Prior to this challenge I was exercising about 3x/week and adding 2-3 days has proven to be a challenge. I've opted out of the P90X or Insanity workouts as these are just too intense for my back right now and I can't exercise in front of the TV unless it is 10 pm or 5 am (no thanks to my children) and that just ain't going to happen. And who wants to work out in their living room anyway? I'd rather people watch at the gym. Instead I am just doing self-designed workouts at the gym including circuit training, yoga, running, elliptical and core work. Between a very PT job, 2 small kids and general life interruptions I've found it difficult to get to the gym so frequently. Perhaps I'm just making excuses. The other women participating will do their workouts at midnight if they have to. Nothankyouverymuch. So, I'm not so sure I will see the level of results they are seeing but I am OK with that. Maybe that means I will wear a size 10 instead of an 8. Whatever.I'm not working out at midnight. I am sleep deprived enough as it is.
As for diet. I have been rocking it. Mostly. Not including this past weekend. I'M ONLY HUMAN PEOPLE. I figure if I eat like a rockstar Mon-Fri and fail miserably Sat and Sun then I am still ahead of the game right? Let's go with that.
I was initially skeptical of the shakes as I think it's just a big marketing ploy and that you can get everything you need from your diet. Which I still believe, but honestly, how many of us are eating 12 servings of fruit and veggies a day? Certainly not me. Unless you count the grapes in my wine. So I agreed to go ahead and fork over the mega moola to purchase it. And I can honestly say that those shakes have made a huge difference. Within 3 days I was a whole new person. I used to spend all day feeling sluggish and tired and now I have so much more energy. Which kind of sucks, because this stuff is expensive and I really don't want to keep buying it.
Yesterday I did a weight lifting class at the gym and today I can barely walk. Why do they insist on doing 500 squats followed by 250 lunges is beyond me but now I have to muster the energy for a 5 mile walk/jog/run. Kill me now.
1 comment:
...just take a multi vitamin/mineral. I take adult gummy ones from target. $10.
Post a Comment