In honor of the one year anniversary of my last blog (almost one year, but who's counting) I have decided to take it up again. Life is just moving too fast and blogging allows me the opportunity to reflect. And it's just so nice to have this record of my life, as boring as it is sometimes. So, here's what I've been up to lately.
I have the winter sads. As in Seasonal Affective Disorder. I've gone head and diagnosed myself and saved my trip to the doctors office. For the past month I've been telling myself "Wow, this is the worst PMS ever" except that PMS doesn't last for 45 days right? Everything is making me cry lately. I pretty much want to shank anyone who gets in my way (Target runs have been real fun) and I have visions of sending my kids to military boot camp until they turn 25. I need some sunshine STAT. Thank god spring is just around the corner. This winter has been BLEAK!
I am on a spending diet. No more purchases that aren't a NEED! And yes, wine is a need. So, no more trips through the makeup/mail polish aisle at Target. No more browsing Gap.com or Sephora, and I cancelled my "Buy Now" account at Barnes and Noble. Because NO GOOD CAN COME FROM IT. So far, it has been a real eye opener. I have no self control. This is a work in progress.
Eva has recently been diagnosed with ADHD. This was not news to me, but it was sure nice to get someone from the medical community to tell me I'm not crazy. We are working in therapy with her right now and have seen lots of wonderful changes. She's still out of control and naughty as ever, but way better than before! I'm also happy to report that she is mostly sleeping through the night (usually on our floor but I will take what I can get!) We are waiting for the special education team at her school to get back to us with their evaluation. If they find that her ADHD will affect her learning in a general education classroom then she will qualify for services. However, since she's in a preschool setting twice a week for only a couple hours, I don't think she'll really need any additional services. Because how much attention is a 3 year old required to have to paint, sing and play?
My chiropractor told me that I shouldn't be running anymore. Or yoga. Turns out I have almost no disc left between the vertebrae in my lower back. So no more high impact activities. And bending over is no bueno too. Which leaves me with not a lot to do. BOOOORING. I hate swimming so that's out, and I have a knee that rewards me with days of pain if I so much as think riding a bike. That leaves me with walking and the elliptical. So, it's safe to assume that I have ignored some of his advice and gone ahead and ran anyhow. Nothing more than 3 miles. How is a girl supposed to keep her girlish figure without running? In any case, I am bored with working out and have chosen to take the last couple of weeks off. I need some motivation and I need it now. Bathing suit season is almost here! I told myself on January 1 (after I told myself I was never drinking again of course) that I was
I spent the last several days with the flu. It only makes sense because Declan had it, then Eva had it, then Declan again. It was my turn. One thinks that it would be wonderful to spend several days on the couch with nothing to do but watch TV until that option is thrust upon you due to THE SICK. Fortunately for me, Thomas was home and took care of the kids. During this 72 hour marathon TV session, I was (un)fortunate enough to catch the latest Twilight release. What a waste of 2 hours that was and I even went into it knowing it was going to be bad! Are they serious with that (or lack there of) special effects? What was up with the baby Renesmee (oh god, that name alone makes me hurl)? How creepy was that baby anyhow? Oy.
Anyhow, signing off now. See you soon blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment