We spent the first weekend in May vacationing in Carlsbad in a rented condo one block from the beach! We had so much fun, and spent a lot of time wondering why we ever left beautiful San Diego. I forgot how much I love it there. Amy flew out and spent the weekend with us as did my mom (babysitter!). Thursday evening we headed to the Cabo Grill for ocean view burritos with Bob & Natalie. We spent both Friday and Saturday evening doing the "Carlsbad Crawl" visiting our old stomping grounds Tom Giblins, Coyotes and Hennessys. I learned that I am far too old to spend 2 nights in a row drinking until 3 am. Sunday night Thomas, Amy and I headed to Pizza Port and Coyotes. Thomas turned 30 on May 5th. Unfortunately, we were all out of both money and fun points so we celebrated by heading back to Lompoc to let our livers detox for a few days. We had such a great time, and were so sad to leave. Hopefully we'll make it back sooner rather than later. Maybe we'll even move back someday! Wishful thinking......
My mom stayed in Lompoc with me until last Friday. We visited La Purisima Mission, a catholic mission built in the 1700s (which is reportedly very haunted and is very creepy). We also spent a day in Solvang doing some shopping and wine tasting as well as a day in Pismo Beach.
On Saturday Natalie drove up from Temecula to spend the weekend in The Poke (Lompoc) with us. Once again, we headed to Solvang for more wine. Saturday night we discovered the yummy goodness of Pizza Hut quepapas (potatoes, cheese and jalapenos deep fried and dipped in ranch dressing YUM YUM YUM). On Sunday we shook of the heartburn and headed down to Santa Barbara for Mother's Day. We spent the afternoon eating mexican food and shopping. Unfortunately the weather sucked, but we had fun nonetheless.
Now we are looking forward to heading back to our home in Colorado. It looks like we will get to head back next week sometime. I am definitely over living in this apartment and can't wait to see my pets again. However, I'm definitely going to miss being so close to the beach. I think we'll have to set up a kiddie pool in our backyard. I'll pop in a CD with the sound of the ocean. Do you think it will have the same effect??
No comments:
Post a Comment