Friday, May 16, 2008

Poopy Playtime

Motherhood brings several new and exciting challenges to my life. However, nobody warned me that one day my child would discover his poop and treat it like play-doh. Last evening, after a wonderful day at the Santa Barbara Zoo, I was enjoying some down time on the internets. I notice that Declan has suddenly become verrrrryyyyy quiet. This is always the first sign of trouble. I look to my right, just as Declan comes in from the back patio. He's waddling and his diaper has come undone and is half on, half off. Then I see it. Poop everywhere. Somehow, he got his diaper off. He's got it on his feet, his hands and his chest. I grab him and throw him into the tub. Then I discover the poop carnage on the back patio. GAAAAHHH!!!! Thankfully, Thomas arrived just in time. He got the enjoyable task of cleaning off the patio while I hosed down the boy. Diapers need to come with a lock, or perhaps I will start using duct tape.
Maybe it's time to start toilet training?
Anyhow. If you have any plans of being a mother someday, consider yourself warned.

1 comment:

jenmaree said...

Oh Andrea! I promise that will be a funny story when Declan is older. Maybe a wedding day story? I am not looking forward to that day with Lily. Perhaps buying a potty just to see??