Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Trails

You pass through places
And places pass through you
But you carry em' with you
On the souls of your travelin' shoes......
-The Be Good Tanyas

It's time to say goodbye to Lompoc, California. Thomas, Declan and I will be on the road, back to Colorado, bright and early Thursday morning. It's been a great 6 months. I got to spend some time in Minnesota with friends and family, we visited San Diego, Monterey and all of the Central Coast. It's so beautiful in this area and I am so glad I had the opportunity to experience living here for a short time. I am definitely going to miss the beach and the ocean. Especially since there are almost no bodies of water to be found in Colorado. I will also miss the temperate climate. I'm not looking forward to the hot and dry summer ahead. However, I can't wait to get back to our own house. Apartment living is so overrated. 

Since we have an impatient 1 year old, we've decided to take our time driving back to Denver. On Thursday night we are stopping in VEGAS BABY. Yes, a totally appropriate place to hang with a small child. But since we scored a sweet hotel room at the Monte Carlo we are going to try and live it up as much as Declan allows. Friday night we are planning on staying in Grand Junction, Colorado. I don't think there is anything exciting happening there but it puts us within 4 hours of home sweet home. Have I mentioned how excited I am?

We have lots planned for the next couple of months. Next weekend we have a babysitter and we will be celebrating 3 years of marriage. We've finally hired someone to help us with our backyard so our weekends will be filled with landscaping. I can't wait for it to be finished! We've got both sets of parents coming out to visit and we will finally get our furbabies back! Thomas has a 10 day break over the 4th of July. Hopefully we'll get a chance to do some hiking in the mountains.

I've got a ton of cleaning and packing to do! Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The be good tanyas?! when did you get cool?

-leesha.