These past couple of weeks have been super busy! Here's a recap of what we've been doing:
1) Building a deck. Actually, Thomas built it. It's beautiful and I love it! Now we can finally have friends over for backyard BBQs. Which we finally got to do Saturday night.
2) Visiting with the in-laws. Tom's parents came to town for a few days. They mostly helped us with our deck but we were able to fit in some sightseeing. We headed to the summit of Pike's Peak! The highest paved road in North America. I think I am done with cliff hugging roads.
3) Celebrated the 4th of July. We headed to Frisco for the annual parade. It's a little town in Summit County just outside of Breckenridge. We met up with my brother Brian for the festivities. Declan had a blast watching the floats, howling with laughter and clapping the whole time. Afterwards, we headed back down the mountains to watch the Castle Rock fireworks from a friend's deck. Unfortunately, they only lasted about 15 minutes before a grass fire started and they called everything off. It's just too dry for fireworks here!
4) Visiting with friends. Now that Declan is getting a little older, I am trying really hard to expose him to as much "socialization" as possible. We've been hanging out with some of the neighborhood kids. Unfortunately, he is at an age where sharing isn't so much fun and there are always tears. He also seems to be playing the role of "neighborhood bully". Hopefully it's just a phase, but he likes to hit and push and it concerns me. Who knew 18 months would be so difficult.
Now that the holiday is behind us, it's time to get back to the "real world". I plan on hitting the gym hard these next few weeks as I've been a bit of a slacker. I would post some more pictures, but my camera is on the fritz. One of these days I'll get it fixed and post a "final" deck picture. I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday!
1 comment:
I cant believe you let your son wore plaid AND stripes. C'mon Andrea, you're slacking. -Auntie Leesha.
Post a Comment