Saturday Thomas spent the day hiking in Vail with my my brother so it was just Declan and I. I spent the morning cleaning the house top to bottom. Later in the afternoon we took the dogs to Chatfield State Park so they could get some serious energy out of their systems. They ran like two fools for about an hour then collapsed in the pond to cool off. Saturday night Jessie & Casey came over for an evening of wine, burgers, cookies and girl talk.
On Sunday we took the kiddo to the Lifetime Fitness outdoor pool. Declan didn't take to the water very well. I think it kinda freaked him out. So instead we decided to utilize the on-site daycare and spend the afternoon sans baby and with a good book. I think I am going to start doing that everyday! Let someone else take care of him while I work on my tan. Sounds like a great idea to me! The only thing missing from the pool area is a swim-up bar. They really need a liquor license there :)
Declan is 18 months now! He's starting to talk a little too. We call it "Declanese". Here's what we've got so far:
Kai (rhymes with lye) - Kaya and Nacoma. They are both known as Kai in Declan's world.
Ki-yee - Sydney the cat
Duce - Juice
Ilk - Milk
Ya-Ya - Pacifier. This is usually accompanied by a grabbing hand motion and a loud, ear shattering scream as in "GIVE ME MY NUK NOOOOWWWW!"
Momma - self explanatory
Dada - Self explanatory
Baaf - Bath
Cheez - Cheers!
18 months is such a fun and challenging age. He's not a baby anymore and I miss those days so much. However, he is truly turning into a "little boy" now and it's so fun watching him grow into himself and continue to discover the world around him. He's got the temper tantrums down to a science and is so adventurous and independent. I can't wait to see what the next 6 months bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment