Saturday, July 19, 2008

Woe is Me

The worst thing about being a stay-at-home mom living in a household with one income is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Oh god how I wish I could spend the afternoon maxing out my credit cards today. It would be so nice to be able to shop at Nordstrom without a care in the world instead of having to wait for the Old Navy clearance sale. I knew there would be sacrifices involved when I chose to quit my job and stay home, but I never knew it would be so hard.

This weekend is the Mile High Music Festival. If you took my iPod and put it on shuffle it would play every musician that is playing at the festival. Tom Petty, John Mayer, Dave Matthews, Eric Hutchinson, Jason Mraz, OAR, Black Crowes, Colbie Caillat, etc, etc. The whole lineup is here. Of course, we have to miss it because tickets are $150 a person. That doesn't include the food and drink you have to buy at the festival either. Plus the gas to get there and the cost for a babysitter over 2 days. All of my favorite bands in one place. I am so sad. The only upside is, is that it is supposed to be 100 degrees this weekend and I can't think of anything I'd rather not do than spend 2 days jammed into a small space with 100,000 people while it's hotter than hell here.  I guess I'll just have to put on my iPod and sit on my new deck and listen to the music. Boo.

My child has been replaced by Satan's Spawn also. If somebody sees a very sweet little blonde child running around, he belongs to me. Somebody took Declan and replaced him with a look-a-like who bullies the neighborhood kids, delights at torturing small animals and spews green vomit. Thanks for your assistance.


1 comment:

jenmaree said...

I too am bummed about not going to the Mile High Festival. LaRain is going!! We'll have to live through her I guess :)