I can't believe it's September. More importantly, I can't believe I am going to be 34 in a few weeks. Ugh. I guess that's another post though.
This past weekend the Folger's headed west again to do some camping in Vail. This time we took the toddler with us for 2 nights. Let it be said that I do not recommend camping with toddlers. Overall it was a lot of fun, but way too much work. The first night was rough. I don't think any of us got more than a few hours of sleep. I thought Thomas was going to lose his mind a few times. Declan thought it was so neat to be sleeping in a tent with both mom and dad that all he wanted to do was play (and cry, and play, and cry.....). Couple that with the near freezing temperatures and it made for a very long night. Since Declan got little to no sleep that night, he spent all of Saturday napping which prevented us from doing anything but sitting around the campfire with a book and a cooler full of beer. I'm not sure if Thomas confused this camping trip with a tailgating party at a frat house or what, but he saw fit to pick up 2 cases of Bud Light in addition to the 6 pack of Summit. That makes 54 beers total......for two people I haven't had to stock up like that since WeFest of 98'. The only "hiking" we managed to fit in was a drive up to a reservoir (that's the best kind of hiking, isn't it?) at 10,200 feet.
Night #2 went much smoother and we all achieved a full night of rest. I only woke up once when I was convinced I heard a bear or a mountain lion stalking our tent. Though it was most likely a chipmunk.
On Sunday we packed up and headed back home. We took the scenic route through Leadville and Buena Vista and it ended up being a 5 hour drive, but well worth it for the views!
This week has been cold and windy here in Colorado! I can smell fall in the air and can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment