Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Politics & Gender

I know that I said that I won't be discussing politics any longer but I'd like to get something off my chest. I am so tired of the media speculation surrounding who women may or may not be voting for in this election. Me having a vagina (sorry Jeff & Brian), and candidates who may or may not have a vagina, plays absolutely zero role in who will get my vote this November. I think it's offensive to assume that women will vote for McCain only because he chose a woman as his running mate and that, likewise, we won't be voting for Obama because he did not choose a women (i.e. Clinton) to run with. 

C'mon, give us some credit here.

I know plenty of very smart and educated women, both republican and democrat, who happen to take the time to educate themselves on the issues and base their vote on more concrete issues than gender.

And I certainly cannot understand why there has been any talk of Hillary voters backing McCain just because he chose Palin as his running mate. I mean, really?? Politically speaking, they are polar opposites. I don't know, maybe I am just talking out of my arse here. What do I know......
 
I am so tired of all things election this year. I am tired of the ads and the B.S. mudslinging and having to sift through all the junk out there to find some real answers. Thank god there's less than 2 months left and we can all go back to discussing really important things like why I continue to support the Vikings?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two years ago I made an new's resolution to stop takling politics. It was one of the only ones I have ever stuck too (Seriously have hade like three conversations concerning the topic since making the resolution.) It's the best decision I ever made.

Since then my liberal friends think I am a republican and my conservative friends think I'm a liberal. Couldn't be happier about that.

Your Bro Jeff.

Anonymous said...

And your family just thinks you're a drunk.

Kidding Jeff. ;)

-Leesha