Life would be easier because it means we could start using our meager savings to fund vacations to exotic locales (or a college fund for our kids I suppose) instead of funding unpaid snow days. It means a confirmed babysitter EVERY WEEKEND (right mom?!). It means not having to figure out how to get a family of four 800 miles to spend holidays with family and what to do with the furry woodland creatures we co-habitate with. It means trees and lakes. Both of which Denver is sorely lacking it seems. Then again, it means no mountains and that really sucks. And it also means leaving all of the wonderful friends we've made here. Which really, really sucks.
But I am getting ahead of myself.
So, today I am asking for your prayers, good thoughts, positive energy and whatever else you can send into the universe for us. I know Tom is nervous for the interview. It's not an easy one. He'll be expected to sit in front of a panel of people and answer situational questions for 2 hours and then "teach" a class on IED's and other bomb related stuff. And for a guys who has never had to do a job interview then this one is the MOTHERLODE of all job interviews. So he is, understandably, a little worried that it may not go smoothly. Though I have all the confidence in the world that he will do just fine. Because I'm his wife and that's what I am supposed to say. Right?
And can I just say that my husband looks damn fine in a suit.
2 comments:
Good luck to Thomas!! I know whatever is the right thing will happen for you. I COMPLETELY understand where you are. I absolutely love Colorado and I miss my family like you just don't know. We would get *so much* support if we'd move back to Indiana. I will miss you if you move away, but that is why we have emails, blogs, facebook, etc :) Let me know what happens!! Hope to see you soon! Perhaps next week when the weather is better.
This blog sucks.
-Lycia
Post a Comment