Thursday, January 28, 2010

Change

It's been so long since I've last posted I don't even know where to begin. Life has been kind of hectic these past few months and I just haven't made the time to blog. Most of the people in my life already know what's been happening anyhow! So, for those of you not in the loop here's what I've been up to lately.

The biggest and most exciting news to share is that Thomas got a job with the Dept. of Homeland Security working under TSA as a Bomb Appraisal Officer at the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport. This means that we get to move to MN and be closer to our families and most of my friends. I am so excited to be starting another adventure in our lives and to finally move back "home". As much as the weather sucks in MN, I love it there so much and am very, very happy to be headed back. However, the downside is leaving Colorado which I love as well. And leaving lots of amazing friends that I have made here. It definitely won't be easy leaving and I've already shed many tears over it, but in the end, this is the right move for our family and I know we are making the right decision. Thomas is very excited to begin a real career and to not have to spend any more days digging in the ground. Onward and upward!

So with that on the horizon, we have been very busy making plans. Moving a family and a household across the country is no small feat and I have found all the details to be overwhelming. So overwhelming that I have pretty much shut down and buried my head in the sand. Before Thomas gets a start date, he will need to pass an extensive background check. Don't be surprised of the FBI comes knocking on your door. Say only good things. Well, actually I am kidding. That probably won't happen. However, the background check will take a couple months so we probably won't be leaving CO until at least April. That gives me plenty of time to procrastinate!

Declan turned 3 earlier this month. It boggles the mind that I have a 3 year old. He is no longer my baby boy but a full fledged "kid". Everyday brings new challenges. Lately we've been focusing on toilet training. At least I have anyway. Declan....not so much. Rewards don't seem to be working, and he doesn't seem to mind hanging out in a dirty diaper all day so I am at a loss. It's my hope that he will just "get it" one day because buying diapers for 2 kids is going to be our financial ruin!

Eva is almost 6 months old. Again, where did the time go?? She is growing like a weed and is all "girl". In fact, she has earned the nickname "Eva Diva" because when Eva wants something the neighbors hear about it. She can screech louder than any baby I know. When she's not demanding everyone's full attention she is as sweet as can be with her smiles and coos. She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth and can scoot herself around the living room floor when she wants to get somewhere. I have a feeling this one will be an early crawler.

I'm currently participating in a "Weight Loss Challenge" where the winner takes $600. While I don't expect to be the "Biggest Loser" I have certainly been motivated to stay with the program. Mostly because I am uber-competitive and don't like to see other people succeed while I fail. So, I have been hitting the gym hard and am actually seeing some results. Though I've got to work on the "dieting" part. I don't like counting calories so I am going to avoid that for as long as possible! I'll keep you posted. The contest ends April 4th.

See you next week blog! Promise!

1 comment:

jenmaree said...

I'm so excited for you to be closer to family. I am sad to see you leave too, but completely understand. We should definitely meet up before you go! I think it's our turn to hit CR!