Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Andrea 1, Treadmill 0



Well, it's official now. Tom submitted his background investigation paperwork and the wheels are in motion. And to be perfectly honest, I am having second thoughts. Mostly because of the unknown. Even though MN is familiar there are still a lot of unknowns. Will Tom like his new job? How will living at my parents house for 5 months go? Where will we end up living? Will we have to rent or buy? What will happen to our house here in CO? etc, etc, etc. And of course there is the midwest weather to consider. Every morning I wake up to blue, sunny skies here in CO. The temperature rarely gets below 40, and sometimes it hits 65 in January. I am really going to miss CO weather. Next winter is not going to be an easy one for me. And don't get me started on MN humidity.

I guess things will work themselves out.

Speaking of working out.....

I have been hitting the gym HARD lately. As I've mentioned before, I am participating in a weight loss challenge. Biggest loser gets $600. Yesterday I hit a major goal. I ran (errr, jogged) 3 miles...... without stopping to walk. Now, I realize I have friends out there reading this that run regularly and are probably laughing because, let's face it, 3 miles is really not that far to run (jog) . And it's not. But, it is for me. While I have always exercised, jogging has always been a major challenge for me. I fight for every minute of that particular workout. Every minute jogging feels like an hour for me. I hate it. But, I'm actually learning to love it! It's not that it's physically hard for me, I just can't get my brain in line with my heart. I've finally learned to shut off the inner dialogue in my head. It goes something like this:

I hate this
30 more seconds, just do 30 more seconds!
When can I stop
Oh god, I want to stop
Is it time to walk yet?
OK, walk for 3 minutes
Keep running, I can feel your butt jiggle
My knees hurt, lets stop
I hate this


And on and on and on it goes.

Well, I've learned to silence that bitch and keep going! The year after Declan was born I couldn't manage 5.5 mph for more than 3 min. Yesterday I did 35 min at 6 mph. And the best part? I've lost 8 lbs. Go me!


No comments: