Saturday, March 27, 2010

Packing

The packing of Casa de Folger is in full swing now. Tom got his security clearance and they are telling him his start date will be either April 15th or April 30th depending on when he passes the drug test. Good thing they gave him 3 months notice on that drug test. Everything should be good and clear from his blood stream by now. I kid, I kid. But really? You'd think they would have done that right off the bat.

But I digress. I am learning that packing is 10x more work than you anticipate. Inevitably, one small project leads to 10 more. For instance, you decide to start by going through old clothing to decide what to donate and you end up spending 3 hrs going through old photo's from your college spring break trips and shredding anything you don't want either your husband, or your best friend's husband to find. Ahhh.....the good old days. Speaking of donating old clothing.

I pulled 15 pairs of size 14s from my closet today and threw them in the donate pile. I have been hanging on to these pants for 5 years waiting for them to fit comfortably again. The bad news is, they still don't fit. The good news? They don't fit because they are too big. Like, WAY too big. So that made me very happy. But now I have to go on a shopping spree and while that sounds fabulous, I have no money to buy anything right now. Bummer.

I've had one session with my trainer, and boy, was it an ass kicker. She's definitely put the mojo back into my workouts and I am already feeling results. I have to do an hour of cardio 4-5 days a week plus 3 one hour strength sessions. I hate it. But it works so I guess I'll stick with it for now. Maybe, just maybe (but probably not) I'll be in a bikini this summer.

Wishful thinking I guess.

Time to do taxes. I will try and get back here more frequently over the next few weeks. I've got plenty on my mind!

No comments: