Thursday, April 1, 2010

May 3rd






May 3rd. That's our new date. The date our new life in Minnesota starts. And while I'm excited to see what new adventures will fill this chapter in our lives, I'm sad to be closing the chapter n our lives in Colorado. I know I've said that so many times and I'm sure most are tired of hearing it. I love living in Colorado! I've always felt at home living near the mountains. It's my happy place. We recently spent a weekend in Avon, near Vail, with my brother. Thomas took the dogs for an early morning hike before we left. Can you see why we hate to leave? When I was a kid my family vacationed every summer in Colorado. Whenever we would head east on the interstate to head back to Minnesota I would stare at the mountains we were driving away from just so I could imprint the memory of them in my brain. I hated having to head back to the flat midwest. Of course, now that I am living near the mountains I miss the lakes of Minnesota. Will I ever be satisfied? Thomas and I have already decided that we will come back regularly to give our children their very own memories of Colorado.

So, now that we have an "official" we have been able to start scheduling some projects. Laura, Tom;s mother is coming out for a week on the 17th to watch the kids while we pack. My mom flies in the 24th to take over and drive back with me. We are going to throw a "goodbye" BBQ on the 17th as well to have one last hurrah. I still have to get a moving truck reserved and we are quickly running out of boxes. Right now most of our non-essentials are packed. Without our "art" and pictures, the house feels so bare and lonely. Maybe it will make it easier to say goodbye.

I am looking forward to this weekend. It's the end of the weight loss challenge I have been participating in. And while I have no chance of winning the loot, I still lost a good amount of chub. If I can lose 3 lbs by Sunday than I will have hit the 20 lb mark. But unless I plan on eating nothing but egg whites and spinach over the next few days I don't see that happening. I would like to lose 10 more. Anybody want to join me on another challenge? I'm giving myself till June. I do better when I have to weigh in with other people.

I've got a "Girls Night Out" planned for Saturday. Can't wait for some wine and italian food with my girlfriends!


No comments: