Friday, April 16, 2010

TGIF

Tonight marks the last evening we are together, alone, as a family. Tomorrow morning my mother-in-law comes to town and my mother flies in the day she leaves, which is a week from tomorrow. Then.....we leave for MN and move in with my mom, dad, sister and their 3 cats and dog. It's going to be a full house.

Right now our mortgage broker is working on finding a lender that is willing to lend money to someone who already has a mortgage. It's not looking good. So far we've been offered approximately enough money to qualify for a studio apartment in the 'hood. Looks like we might need a year of rental income before we can actually count that as "income". Is that the worst thing in the world? No. But it really sucks. There are so many good deals out there right now and such low interest rates that we hate to wait too long.

I will repeat my "Moving to MN Mantra".......this will work itself out.

Anywhoooo......

This week is filled with "To Do's". We have a list of projects that need to get done around the house. Projects that we have been putting off because we just never planned on leaving so soon. It actually just so happens that we planned on being here a few more years. The deck needs to be stained, as does the fence. Walls need to be repainted, baseboards fixed, tiles need to be replaced on the roof, etc, etc. I also need to get serious about packing. You don't realize how much crap you've accumulated until you have to put it all in a moving truck. Which, by the way, has been rented. Yay!

Today I spent the afternoon shopping. I have no summer clothes as it's been over 2 years since I've really shopped. Last year I was pregnant, and the year before that I was still fitting into my fat clothes. How come it's so difficult to find things when you need them and so easy when you don't (and have no money?)??? Thank god for cheap Old Navy bermudas and tanks. My summer staple.

No comments: