I read this blog called "Motherhood Uncensored". The writer does an amazing job of capturing the "real" motherhood and what it's really like to be a mom. Not the mom we want the neighbors or our in-laws to see but the one who we are when we don't think anybody is paying attention. The mom you are when it's 9 pm and you are on your 10th round of trying to get the kids into their beds, or when you've got to be somewhere in 10 minutes and your toddler is insisting on climbing into his own car seat after he's made sure there are no pacifiers hidden anywhere in the car. I like to think that other mothers occasionally lose their noodle as well and it's not just me. Because, trust me on this, I lose my noodle very easily. This is why we are most likely done having kids.
Lately, I've been experiencing a lot more stress than usual. Most days I do my best to not take it out on my kids. But some days my best is just not good enough and I've been feeling pretty rotten about that.
So, the writer posted this and it really made me think that I was supposed to read that. I think God, or the universe or what-have-you put that in my path to remind me to slow down and chill out. I don't want to miss the awesome.
3 comments:
I love honest Mothers. We all lose it from time to time. I tell Lily "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you" at least once a week. I am not laid back and get my panties in a wade a few times a day :)
Dave is out of town this week so I can totally relate to LOSING it. Thanks for your post today, it was just what I needed :) Here's to celebrating the little victories!
By the way, I love your new blog layout. It's beautiful!
Post a Comment