Thursday, July 29, 2010

This Too Shall Pass




Today I go in for my cortisone injection. I made the very stupid decision to google "Do spinal injections hurt" this morning. Bad idea. The internet is crawling with horror stories from people who have had these injections. And now here I sit, nauseated, worrying about this procedure. I got 3 hours of sleep last night which isn't helping either. Chances are I will spend all day worrying and dreading the appointment and it will probably be over with in about 15 minutes. I just have to get to the other side of that appt. It's not like I haven't had similar procedures done before. I've had an epidural and a spinal block. Neither of them were pleasant but I made it out alive. I also got a baby out of that deal. So, no comparison really. Perhaps I'll treat myself to something once this is over. Perhaps a weekend at a fancy hotel so I can catch up on sleep. No kids or husband allowed. Or maybe those knee high boots I've coveted for years. Or, maybe I'll just continue to save for the fence we have to put in once we get this house (because WE WILL get it). Ugh....I hate being an adult.

In any case, this shot is supposed to reduce the inflammation in my disc and bring me some relief. Hopefully it works and I can get back to enjoying what is left of summer. Because it's quickly slipping away.

I am attaching the most recent pics of my kiddos. I've got the cutest kids in the world.

No comments: