Surprisingly, the car ride went "well". And by "well", I mean that I didn't pull over and leave the kids somewhere along I-80 in NE. The trick is to keep feeding them junkfood, frequent stops and several viewings of "Meet the Robinson's". Declan's favorite movie.
Did your parents ever threaten to pull over the car and leave you to walk home? I have officially become my mother. Of course she will deny it but tis true.
The week was fabulous. We did some hiking, boating, BBQing, playing at the park, visiting with friends and lots of eating and drinking. Lots of it.
My dad and I brought the kids on a hike and I am happy to report that Eva hiked almost a mile and a half! Which is impressive considering she's 2 ft tall. Of course, she had to stop and smell every wildflower along the way. And we somehow managed to lose my brother's dog Daisy, but fortunately a good samaritan found her wandering the highway and called Brian. Oops. In my defense however, I can hardly be expected to get a toddler, a preschooler and an almost senior citizen up a mountain PLUS a dog who either pulls on the leash or chases every squirrel he sees. We all have our limits.
| Proof that men are incapable of taking flattering pics of women |
| This is the closest I will ever get to BOTH my kids looking at the camera |
Leaving Colorado always leaves me feeling melancholy. While it's nice to be home, I sure do miss those mountains and crisp mountain air. Someday I WILL have that house in Vail! Stay potsed. More pictures to come!
1 comment:
It was great to meet up with you and Eva in Breck. Hopefully we'll get to see you again this winter! Skiing, anyone? Jessie
Post a Comment